Europe’s Media Lab is a series of events designed to enrich the conversation on the sector’s needs at EU level among media professionals and policy makers. It is a one-in-5-year opportunity to have a healthy media sector as an “EU priority”.
Europe has a key role to play in ensuring the right ecosystem for a healthy media sector, notably: evening out the playing field with social platforms, safeguarding the right to expression, allowing favourable taxation for the media, as well as other direct and indirect measures. Europe’s media sector is facing unprecedented challenges today. For this reason, the credibility and viability of quality journalism, and the sustainability of the media sector as a whole are at stake.
I) June 2019 – Policy Forum
Meet new MEPs and inform them about the media sector’s needs
This conference will focus on two panels, involving 10 speakers representing the EU institutions, the media sector, as well as associations and think-tanks.
– Keynote on issues: debriefing the past mandate, disinformation, populism and the elections
– Panel 1 – Opportunity: policies rebalancing ecosystem media/ads/platforms
– Panel 2 – Accompanying: funding innovation and skills
– Conclusions: formulating a “top 10” priority for the next Commission (“Democracy in a digital world: sound platform & independent media”)
– Networking cocktail
Coverage and venue:
- 200 participants: policy makers (including new MEPs, key officials and Commissioners’ cabinets) and media stakeholders
- Venue: European Parliament
- Editorial video coverage (example: “Can the EU do more for a healthy media sector?”)
- Communication campaign with supporters’ logos
II) November 2019 – Innovation Forum
Bottom-up policy, learning & input, match-making
This second event will be an interactive session: a “market of ideas” allowing MEPs to meet media start-ups and testing ideas among policy-makers, MEPs and media leaders.
- Small tables by media stakeholders with policy-makers, notably on “policies for supporting media innovation”
- Option: in combination with EP-triggered pilot project on “rising stars for the media”, selecting ca. 100 media innovators
- Small stands for innovators, color-badging (offer & needs)
- Rebalancing the media & digital ecosystem;
- Funding innovation & upskill media professionals;
- Trust & quality news;
- Monetising digital news & developing sustainable business models.
Cheapest come up with my essay assistance that helps ensure appropriate distribution. Invest in within the internet educational paper can help for individuals. Professionally analyzed Andamp; caliber personalized compiled assignments. Vital work place for freelance writers essay write